Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life in Shanghai


I will collect more old Shanghai photos in the future. This is one of the view I took from my apartment. When I first came here, there are a lot of old Shanghai community like this. But within few months, these kind of houses were destroyed due to development. The old Shanghai living style was henced slowly vanishing and replaced by the force of steel buildings. Lots of old Shanghai folks were against the development but they couldn't do much except frustrated with the change. Sometimes I feel very sad to see those historical views and lifestyle were slowly vanishing from every corner. I feel lucky that before this change finally complete its cruel mission, I still have the chance to capture as many "historical" moments as I can.

No comments: