Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sunbonnet sue casual bag

I decided to make this Sunbonnet Sue casual bag for my sister's friend, it was my first official order. I have been postponing making this project for quite sometimes until knowing that Chinese New Year fell in January, that was when I started this project. I wished that when someone use my bag, they are always proud to present it the friends and show off ! (of course, like I always did). It is such an honour to me. As a result I put in quite a long time, thinking of pattern and fabrics that suits the user.

I made the applique and quilt for both sides of the bag.




7th Jun 2009
It is about 2 degree today. Finally I am able to see the shape of my bag. Hopefully I am able to complete stitching the sides and border together (I know it is not possible).


I was right, because half way stitching the sides, I stopped but switched my attention to my Hawaiian quilt project. I have the habit of making few projects at the same time because sometimes I get a bit bored while working too long on the same project.


9/1/09
After combining the sides and border, the next step is to carry out bias strapping.


The most wonderful time for me while making a bag is when I see real shape is about to present. I feel so excited today !



15/1/09
I have been looking for a suitable bag hanger for this bag but it was not that easy to find the leather bag holder in Shanghai. Rummaging through my workplace, I finally found a hand bag belt that I brought from Osaka, Japan last year (thank GOD ! Otherwise this bag will not be completed on time). Finally, after sewing up the bag holder, my bag is completed !








Sunbonnet Sue is happily waiting for the owner to bring it out for shopping now.


1 comment:

My 1st Bambina ! said...

You did awesome with the Sunbonnet bag... so cute... I love it !!!