Monday, August 25, 2014

Sunbonnet Sue & Missing chicken handbag

A-ha !!   Found these photos in my hard disk.  This Sunbonnet Sue and missing chicken handbag was actually my old work back in 2011.  Back at that time, I difficulty accessing to blogspot from Shanghai, In the end, I no longer do any blogging.  So since I “meet” these project photos again, I want to share them in my blog.

I like this scene so much, it’s nolstagic and heart warming and I remember that was my second project in machine applique.  Take a look at the expression of little chicken there.  The angle of its eyes was really a hard one and I remembered sweating a little when sewing the eyes ^v^ hahah….. can’t help laughing just to think of that moment.  It was really a big “phew” after completion.

Apart from that the shape of the bag is pretty unique too.  It may look small in the eye but you will be surprise that it can actually put quite a number of goodies (one of my biggest criteria when making bag too).   My only regret here is I never thought of making pattern for this one that time … (~n~).  Any way, it’s just so great to see this bag again.





I always want to add more surprises to my bag projects, see the bag side of the bag, apart from a beautiful quilted pattern, I added a little pretty Lily of the valley applique.  I love this flower so much and went searching for the flower language.  It said Return of happiness, purity of heart, sweetness, tears of the Virgin Mary, you've made my life complete, humility, happiness, love's good fortune. The legend of the lily of the valley is that it sprang from Eve's tears when she was kicked out of the Garden of Eden. It is also believed that this flower protects gardens from evil spirits. Also known as the flower of May.”  What a perfect match of floral language for this bag. So it was added to my bag. 

What is the story of this bag, I will leave it for you to tell ^v^








2 comments:

Montserrat Estupiñá said...

Hola m'encanta la bossa tan bonica que has fet. La Sue es adorable.
Molts petons des de Barcelona

Story Quilt said...

Thank you, Montserrat.

I am so happy you love this bag. I love Sunbonnet Sue too ^v^