Sunday, December 25, 2011

Owls, owls, My Love !!!


I followed my husband to Shenzhen for work few weeks ago.  It was really a good feeling to revisit the old place we worked few years ago.  Shenzhen changed a lot, very organised and clean nowadays.

Enjoying my time in the Shenzhen biggest bookstore, looking for ideas.  It was great to relax from work.

Since I am not working at all, I will use my time to sketch something funny from time to time.  Before I realised, I was actually drawing a little owl for fun, owls are really cute animal, they came in so many types, from very cute to very wield faces.  Then I decided to sketch something for a clutch purse.  Having a owl shape clutch purse is really something special compared to conventional type.  What about a little funny expression.....



Gee..... I really love the facial expression.  I am sure people will feel very surprise to see a clutch purse like this one.




9/12/2011, flying back to Shanghai.  After cleaning up the house, I started to design pattern for my little friends, started working on my  clutches the next day.  Hmm... as usual, I will come up with 3 designs only.  It wasn't easy to design something new, I needed to cut out unused fabrics, make a sample, readjusting the shape etc.  Finally, I got my pattern ready.  Time to make the real one tomorrow.      


I completed the 3 series few days ago, I just love them all......they are so so so cute !!!! They are definitely very unique gift for your love one  ^v^

 Introducing   :   Timi, Smarto, Mitty.

Look at what they've done !!  Messing with my laces again !!!

So who was the one who started this ? They are all finger pointing each other ...... 






Let's start with Mitty, the first one I made.  Mitty has very easy going nature, as a result, it has a lot of friends to play with.  






Take a closer look underneath its left wing, a little friend is hiding under there.  Mitty always love to give surprises to people  ^v^ 








How large is Mitty ?  it's 13cm x 13 cm.  To have idea of the size.  
What is it made of ? Imported Japanese sakizome fabrics is used because the fabric is thick.  It is also padded and quilted.  and hold the shape well.  
Process :   A lot of process involved in the ears, tail, eye and mouth appliques.  It was pretty troublesome to stitch them to the clutch.  

Pattern available ?  Yes, very soon.  I am in the middle of processing it  ^v^.  If you are interested to purchase, please send an email (storyquilter@hotmail.com)   to me so that I will inform you when it's ready.

Price : ALL SOLD OUT !!  
Postage : USD 6

Interested to purchase :  Please send me an email to check available of this series because only 3 are available.  I won't be making any more duplicate.

Payment : Paypal only.





Smart was the second one I made.  Smarto is mature and smart, good in calculation and everything.  As a result, Smarto is dressed smartly and has very bright eyes.


"It was me who lead them to play with your lace ..."


Forgiven ^v^


 How large is Smarto?  it's 13cm x 13 cm
.  
What is it made of ? Imported Japanese sakizome fabrics is used because the fabric is thick.  It is also padded and quilted.  and hold the shape well.  

Process :   A lot of process involved in the ears, tail, eye and mouth appliques.  It was pretty troublesome to stitch them to the clutch.  

Pattern available ?  Not available.

Price :  SOLD OUT
Postage : USD 6

Interested to purchase :  Please send me an email to check available of this series because only 3 are available.  I won't be making any more duplicate.

Payment : Paypal only.








The last cute one is Timi.  It was named that way due to its timid characteristics.  But Timi is fun and kind hearted, it always make people laugh.  Just scroll down and see how it makes you laugh..  Unique gift for your love one  ^v^
























Alright, alright.... you've presented enough, dear friend....





How large is Timi  ?  it's 13cm x 13 cm

.  
What is it made of ? Imported Japanese sakizome fabrics is used because the fabric is thick.  It is also padded and quilted.  and hold the shape well.  


Process :   A lot of process involved in the ears, tail, eye and mouth appliques.  It was pretty troublesome to stitch them to the clutch.  

Pattern available ?  Not for this one.

Price : ALL SOLD OUT  (27/12/2011)
Postage : USD 6

Interested to purchase :  Please send me an email to check available of this series because only 3 are available.  I won't be making any more duplicate.

Payment : Paypal only.


Thank you for enjoying my friends' company 

MERRY  CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU !!



















4 comments:

Lily Gallardo said...

it´s beautiful, I love it. XOXOXO

Story Quilt said...

Thank you, Lily. ^v^

pratima said...

Your owls are super cute!!! Love their funny expressions :)

Story Quilt said...

Hahah... so cute right ? Yes, I love them all. I was surprised to see the real result which is so much better than expected ^ o ^